.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Friday, April 15, 2011

Barbecue - The Basics

Back in 1968 with The Beatles dissolving slowly and beginning the low and winding road to disbanding, Paul McCartney came up with the idea of the band reaching back to its roots. The plan was for the band to abandon the studio trickery and return to playing as a four man rock band, get back on the road and capture that magic feeling of sweet dreams that fueled their rise to stardom in the first place. Get back to where they once belonged.

 It didn't work for The Beatles, at least not as a band, but it did work for the four men as individuals.

But, I believe it's going to work for me, barbecue and this blog. I'm going back to where I once belonged. I'm going to take you with me. I'm not letting the lack of redesign stop me from posting anymore. I'm not going to let an old topic stop me from writing about it again. Looking back, some of the posts are over 6 years old. So even if I wrote about it in the past, I might cover it again. I must have learned something in all those years.

I'm going back to working on this blog when I'm in the mood to write and when I'm not. I've found in the past that the routine of writing is work at first, then discipline, then routine. The trick is to keep the routine from becoming banal, boring and tedious. But hell, I'm going to give it a shot. 

So, starting Monday, we're going back to basics. Wood. Fire. Meat. Spices. Sauce.Brines. Equipment. My witty jocular and droll writing. My attempts at video and photography. Maybe even some music when I'm in the mood. I bet you all can't wait. I know you like me. You really like me. 

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Blogger Bossman Bar-B-Que said...

AWESOME ARTICLE my Brotha!!, but then again I wouldn't expect anything less from you! I will pass this one for my readers to see as well!!

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Chris said...

My efforts with blogging peak and wane. Sometimes it is a fun escape from daily life, sometimes it is an intrusion. I need to get that balance Mr. Miyagi was talking about, ha ha.

 
At 3:12 AM, Blogger neil said...

Okay, Easter is almost upon us. If you tell me on the blog what to do with either a lamb leg or shoulder on a gas fired hooded bbq, I'll do it. Deal?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!